WCCO Stories: The Many Faces of Washburn
One out of five Minnesota children will experience mental health challenges at some point, yet only 20% of these children will get the professional help they need. Washburn is excited to partner with WCCO television to give voice to the critical community issue of children’s mental health.
WCCO will highlight some of the many faces of Washburn through occasional stories airing Sundays at 10 p.m.. Through the inspiring stories of children who learned how to cope with their challenges to school administrators who partner with Washburn, watch and learn how children’s mental health is as important as their physical health.
View the inspirational stories on www.wcco.com/washburn or click on the links below.
- Washburn Therapist Says Sister Inspired her to Help Others (October 2012)
- Puppet Therapy Helps Minneapolis Girl Who Witnessed Tragedy (October 2012)
- Bringing Therapists to Schools Helps Ease Students’ Fears (Sept. 2012)
- New Washburn Center Brings Nature to Children (Sept. 2012)
- Innovative Therapy Helps Girl Deal With Traumatic Past (Sept. 2012)
- Teddy Bears, Toys Help Kids with Big Behavioral Problems (August 2012)
- Facing Down The Fears of the I-35W Bridge Collapse (July 2012)
- How to talk to kids about the Colorado shootings (July 2012)