What can Washburn Center offer you?
Washburn Center for Children is committed to all our employees’ professional development. During your time at Washburn Center, you will receive continuous clinical training, increased supervision time and exposure to a wide array of clinical needs. This role is a highly collaborative function, and you will experience exposure to all programs at Washburn Center, working in collaboration with a variety of experienced professionals to ensure the best support for the children and families in your care.
A Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Washburn Center for Children believes it is our responsibility to promote an inclusive community and foster a supportive and respectful culture for all families and staff who come through our doors. We are committed to the ongoing process of creating an inclusive environment that celebrates, honors and respects the seen and unseen diversity of all individuals, groups and families. Read more.
Coming to Washburn Center has been a reset for me professionally and personally. I finally feel as though I have a work life balance, which allows me to be a better therapist.
– Meghan, Family Focused Therapist
A Commitment to Professional Growth and Clinical Training
Washburn Center is committed to ongoing training for therapists in best practices and evidence-based models such as:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma Informed Child-Parent Psychotherapy
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI)
- PracticeWise: Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP)
We provide ongoing supervision for those working towards Minnesota Licensure in addition to monthly in-service trainings covering topics such as child protection issues and intervention strategies that provide continuing education credits.
A Sense of Team
Our work can be demanding, so we intentionally foster a culture of wellness and a sense of team. From food trucks and monthly summer barbeques, to department retreats and groups such as Green Team and Health and Happiness, you’ll have the chance to connect with your peers and build relationships.
Washburn offers all benefit-eligible employees comprehensive Dental, Vision, Health, Life and Long term disability insurance. Additionally, we offer a Retirement plan and a Flexible benefit plan.
- Vacation: Paid Vacation accrues at 10 hours of vacation per month – up to 15 days / 120 hours annually.
- Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at 6.68 hours of sick per month – up to 10 days / 80 hours. Employees may accrue up to 480 hours, which is equivalent to 60 work days of sick leave time.
- Holidays: There are two and half floating holidays per year in addition to the eight standard holidays.
Washburn Center is a place that cares and listen to all people, including clients, families, employees and the community. I am very happy and proud to work for an organization that helps kids, and their families, have a better and happier lives.
– Maria, Accounts Receivable Coordinator