to create space at Washburn Center for Children in which staff
- want to develop an understanding of their own cultural self
- begin to notice the complexity around them
- develop a deeper level of consciousness
- are curious and want to see what is outside of their perspective and experience
- To build a healthy multi-cultural workplace community that balances
culturally responsive practice and collaboration with internal self-awareness and reflection.
- To better ourselves and achieve our mission through nurturing those we serve.
- To work toward advancing equity – this is a life long journey!
What we value
Cultural Responsiveness is essential to achieving our mission. Our aspirational aim is to advance equity and work toward building a multi-cultural workplace community that balances culturally responsive practice and collaboration with internal self-awareness and reflection.
This requires a commitment, by each and every employee, to increase awareness of our own cultural beliefs, values and biases, a commitment to self-reflection and individual growth, and an intentional commitment to actively integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our organizational cultural at Washburn Center. The on-going practice of learning, developing and action is guided by our core values:
- We embody compassion
- We practice resilience and hold hope
- We build a multicultural community
- We transform and grow
- Dr. William (Bill) Allen – Healing Bonds
- Appetite for Change
- Association Allen’s Building Maintenance Inc
- Cookie Cart
- Cristo Rey
- Dr. Anne Gearity
- Hmong American Farmers
- Innovative Office Solutions
- KayeAnn Mason, MS, LICSW
- Minneapolis Urban Scholars
- Northside Achievement Zone (NAZ)
- Larry Tucker, LMFT – Kente Circle