Washburn Center for Children has an opening for a full time Intensive In-Home Therapist. This position provides specialized service to children and families in their homes and community such as assessment, crisis intervention, therapy, and parent education using trauma informed practices.
Clinical Treatment – Clinicians will provide services to educate and support families to become empowered to better self-advocate and navigate the various systems with more confidence and skill, as well as providing specialized direct services to children and their families, in their homes, schools, and communities to include the following services:
- Conduct diagnostic assessments
- Develop and implement treatment plans, crisis intervention, and goal setting based on the diagnosis
- Provide Individual and family therapy designed to improve the functioning of the child in daily and community living. Some solutions the clinician may provide could include the following:
- Communication within the family
- Problem solving skills
- Home and family management
- Ideas for leisure time and recreation for the client and the family
- Navigating community resources that are available
- Must be knowledgeable and confident providing therapy based on and teaching families and others within the treatment team about trauma informed practice
- Provide parent education
- Assist families in building essential skills required for growth and coping with traumatic experiences, which may include arranging and participating as necessary with families in recreation and social activities
- Care coordination of social and other services designed to help the child and family gain access to all services providers and interdisciplinary services
- Provide consultation with school, recreation, and other community programs to encourage the child’s successful participation
- Create a discharge plan
Intensive In-Home clinicians are expected to schedule 15 sessions weekly which averages out to a caseload of approximately 7-10 families.
Documentation – Clinicians will be expected to maintain required documentation as specified in our Clinical Policy Manual, including:
- Diagnostics assessments
- Treatment plans for each client
- Daily progress notes
- Complete CASIIs, work with parents to complete the Parent SDQ, and work with clients to complete the GAIN-SS
- Documentation of all case activities
- Discharge or transfer summaries
- Collaborate with the billing department to maintain current, timely authorizations for all therapeutic services from required insurance policies
- Timely response of communications from the program director, the supervisor, or program support to ensure clear communication throughout the program
All clinicians are to ensure Minnesota and HIPAA data privacy requirements are followed.
Supervision and Professional Development – Clinicians are expected to:
- Attend weekly supervision and case consultation, present case information, and create and identify questions for consultation and supervision
- Provide and receive support from other team members
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision for interns as approved by the program assistant supervisors based on licensure and experience and assist with providing training, feedback, and learning experiences for program interns
- Maintain required CEUs
Must have a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other human service field and must maintain or be working towards independent licensure. Licensure as LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT strongly preferred. A minimum of one year of experience with severely emotionally disturbed children and their families is required, with 3-5 years preferred. The position requires flexibility, resourcefulness, and demonstrated cultural responsiveness when working with diverse populations, specifically those impacted by systemic inequality. Must have vehicle in operating condition, a valid driver’s license, and car insurance.
Washburn Center for Children is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are offering a hiring bonus for this position up to $5000.