Washburn Center has an opening for a full time Outpatient Therapist at our West office in Edina, MN. Outpatient Therapists provide mental health assessment and treatment services to children and families.
Clinical Treatment – Clinicians will provide a combination of the following mental health services, including:
- Conduct diagnostics assessments
- Develop and implement a treatment plan with the family based on the diagnosis
- Provide Individual and family therapy
- Care coordination, including collaboration with psychiatrists and other professionals working with the child
- Create a discharge plan
Some clinicians will also be required to provide group therapy and psychological testing as assigned by the supervisor.
Each clinician on the Outpatient team will be required to maintain monthly services consistent with budgeted quota expectations, on average of 22.65 billable sessions per week.
Documentation – Clinicians will be expected to maintain required documentation as specified in our Clinical Policy Manual, including:
- Diagnostics assessments
- Treatment plans for each client
- Daily progress notes
- Outcome instruments and assessment tools
- Discharge summaries
- Satisfaction surveys
- Timely response of communications from the program director, the supervisor, or program support to ensure clear communication throughout the program
All clinicians are to ensure Minnesota and HIPAA data privacy requirements are followed.
Supervision and Professional Development – Clinicians are expected to:
- Attend weekly supervision and case consultation, present case information and formulation, and identify questions for consultation and supervision.
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision for interns as assigned by the program supervisor based on licensure and experience, and assist with providing training, feedback, and learning experiences for the program interns.
- Maintain required CEUs.
Candidates must have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other human service field. Independent licensure as LICSW, LPCC, LP, or LMFT required. 3-5 years of experience assessing and treating children and families required, with 5 or more years of experience preferred. Strong skills in children’s mental health diagnostic assessment and treatment are essential, as well as demonstrated knowledge of cultural diversity and the role of culture in the therapeutic process.
Washburn Center for Children is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.