Recognizing need and what you can do to help
Let’s Talk about Kids and Tech
Dr. David and Erin Walsh from the The Spark and Stitch Institute have partnered with Washburn Center for Children to help parents gain a better understanding about how their kids and teens interact with technology.
It’s easy to worry about overuse — particularly in the midst of a pandemic that has kids at home full-time — but technology is a powerful tool that is not going anywhere, and there are great ways to encourage use that is productive, social and healthy.
Check out these answers to some common questions and concerns:
- Do Screen Time Rules Matter in a Pandemic?
- What Teens Need Us To Know About Social Media and Mental Health
- Make a media plan with your family
- Persuasive Design and Growing Brains – Why It Can Be So Hard to Unplug
- Teens and Sleep in the Digital Age
- When Are Video Games Good for Kids?
- Recognize the Warning Signs of Video Game Over-Use
Click here to join Washburn Center’s therapists as they read their favorite books.
Have something you’d like us to write about in Let’s Talk?
We’d love to hear your ideas for topics and articles. Reach out to Julie Carver or Jack Sullivan and we’ll work with Washburn Center’s team of experts to add resources, videos to build out more support for you.