Washburn Center for Children’s compassionate, skilled clinicians are ready to provide short-term mental health treatment for families with commercial Medica health insurance coverage.
The new Quick Access program at Washburn Center provides families with
- brief mental health assessment
- short-term mental health treatment (up to six sessions)
- individual therapy for children and/or family therapy
Who Quick Access is for*
- Patients enrolled with commercial Medica insurance
- Children and families struggling with mild mental health challenges or situational life stressors
What to expect
Appointments will be at one of Washburn Center for Children’s three Outpatient clinics: Minneapolis, Brooklyn Park or Edina.
The initial Quick Access session is two hours long in order to complete paperwork and a brief assessment to determine possible treatment goals. Appointments are generally late morning to early afternoon.
How to reach out for help
To inquire about Quick Access, please call Mardi Shanahan at 612.400.6859. You will be contacted within one business day of your phone call, and Washburn Center will make every effort to schedule an appointment within five business days.
* Quick Access services are not for children or families who have long-standing mental health concerns, a history of past mental health treatment and multiple diagnoses, or safety concerns.